Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday 9/9 Back to London, and the end of our journey

Steve left us early in the morning so he could get onto the next place on his trip. I said a half-asleep goodbye and then went back to sleep. Em and I eventually got up and packed. We checked out and made our way via the metro, to the Madrid Barajas airport.

We got checked in and then spent a couple hours sitting around at the gate. This was okay; it was a pleasant change from having to look after and drag our packs around train stations.

We caught our flight and it only lasted an hour and a half. Once we landed in Gatwick we changed our euros to pounds, bought train tickets and caught the Gatwick Express back into London. From there we got down into the tube and got back to Karen's flat. Very good to once again be back.

And so, I reached the end of my travels...

Thank you to all you people out there who were reading the blog, enjoying pictures of wonderful food, stories of great random things, and surviving those long gaps without updates.

Thank you to the people who joined us during our travels, sharing and helping to make great times for all: Kate, Dani, Michael, Steve and whoever else I haven't mentioned.

Be sure to keep up with Emma's travel blog (link on the left) because she's still carrying on writing until she gets back to Oz.

Shot Glasses

No comments: