Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday 9/5

Today was Doctor Who exhibit day. Well, it wasn't on just this day but it's the day we finally got around to go see it. Went with Mum on the tube over to Earl's Court. Walked *all* the way around the station to get to the exhibition center because of a poorly designed tube station that you can't seem to walk through from one side to the other =P



Pretty cool exhibit but it was a tad smaller than I expected, with a lot of corny lists of the line of doctors and then the costumes from the new series. I think I agree with Emma, it would have been nice to see some older series stuff, but I guess that stuff is either lost in the ages or too old school for the people coming to these exhibits. Overall, lots of fun though. Makes me want to rewatch a lot of those seasons (perhaps, would be good to actually get them on DVD first). I got a pair of Dalek cufflinks =) very cute indeed.

Went back towards the station and had lunch at an Italian place, with a bowl of pasta that was overly large considering the size of the smaller dish that Emma had. I somehow made it through most of it (really, 90%) but the waitress looked shocked when she came to clear plates. "Was there something wrong with your pasta" she asked... Yes, I thought, there was too damn much of it.

We went back to the flat and saw Karen and baby Ross. We went out for dinner at an Italian place nearby her flat (yes, twice in one day!) and I actually found somewhere that will do a Lasagna without bacon or whatnot in the sauce, yay!

Afterwards we went out to an indie night somewhere in the city, that turned out to be a bit of a bust as it was pretty much completely empty the whole time we were there. Disappointing. Instead, we decided to head off to a gay indie night Popstarz at a metal club called Sin (heh, funny combination that). The music and atmosphere was good, kinda reminded me of oldschool amps nights.

No comments: